- Child care Subsidy & Calculator
- Parenting Vic -practical information for Victorian parents and carers
- Raising Children Network
- Royal Children's Hospital website or call 9345 5522
- Royal Children's Hospital Immunisation- 9345 6599
- Department of Health
- Better Health Channel
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- Visit Beyond Blue website or call 1300 22 4636
- PANDA Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia
- DONCARE - Doncaster Community Care and Counselling Centre Inc
- Find accurate and reliable information about your child’s health, learning and development can be easy with the new free MCH App
- 24 Hour MCH Line - 13 22 29
- Manningham City Council Immunisation - 9840 9256
- Medicare Australia - 13 20 11
- Australian Breastfeeding Association - 1800 686 268
- National home doctor visit or Phone: 13SICK
- The Victorian Poisons Information Centre (VPIC) Phone 13 11 26 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Breast Feeding Association
- Manningham immunization council
Immunisation is a simple and effective way of protecting you and your family from harmful disease and building up a level of immunity against these diseases in the community.
MANNINGHAM provides an immunisation program for babies, children and adults at a number of venues every month.
To have an enrolment confirmed for a child in long day care, kindergarten, family day care or occasional care, parents/carers have to provide the service with:
- a current Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR); AND
- the statement must show that the child is up to date with all vaccinations that are due for their age, or that they are able to receive.
This legislation came into effect on 1 January 2016. On 28 February 2018, the ‘No Jab, No Play’ legislation was amended to make it that an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is now the only form of documentation accepted for the purpose of enrolling in an early childhood education and care service.
Previous forms of documentation, for example a letter from a GP or local council, are no longer accepted.
How can parents/carers get an Immunisation History Statement from the AIR? You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account. If you have difficulty getting a copy via your myGov account you can:
- call the AIR on phone 1800 653 809
- visit a Medicare or Centrelink office.
Families who do not hold a Medicare card must call the AIR to request an Immunisation History Statement. A Translating and Interpreting Service is available by calling 131 450, Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:45pm
The Manningham Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service
The Manningham Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service is free for all families with children living in Manningham from birth to school age.
All MCH nurses are registered nurses with additional qualifications in midwifery and maternal and child health.
Our Maternal and Child Health service includes:
- Review your child's health, growth and development
- Education and promotion around your child's early years
- Parenting support and information
- First time parent groups
- Feeding and nutritional guidance
- Immunisation information
- Infant and parent emotional well-being support
- Child safety information
- Connecting parents to local community services
- Manningham immunization council