Child Safe Standards
Cuddly Bear Templestowe ELC is committed to the child safe standards and provides strategies for a child safe environment for all children, their families & the community. We all have an obligation to do the best we can to keep children safe from harm and abuse. Victorian organisations that provide services or facilities for children are required by law to implement Child Safe Standards to protect children from harm.
Child Safe Standards aim to:
- promote the safety of children
- prevent child abuse
- ensure organisations and businesses have effective processes in place to respond to and report all allegations of child abuse.
Child Safe Standards work by:
- driving changes in organisational culture – embedding child safety in everyday thinking and practice
- providing a minimum standard of child safety across all organisations
- highlighting that we all have a role to keep children safe from abuse.
Although all children are vulnerable, some children face additional vulnerabilities. The standards provide three overarching principles for organisations to cover:
- the cultural safety of Aboriginal Children
- the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds
- the safety of children with a disability .